Exam questions: theory
From IFPA wiki
- What are the bases of canonical quantification for a classical field theory?
- What is second quantification for bosons and fermions?
- Quantize a complex scalar field.
- What is a spinor, and how are the spinors connected to the Lorentz group?
- Build the Dirac Lagrangian.
- How is causality defined in quantum field theory? How is it achieved?
- What are the Green functions of quantum field theory?
- Explain the Gupta-Bleuler quantization procedure for a gauge field.
- Explain how to quantize a Dirac field.
- Define the S matrix and explain its relation to cross sections.
- Enunciate and demonstrate Wick's theorem.
- Calculate Feynman's rules for quantum electrodynamics.
- Using Wick's theorem, calculate the expression of the electron-muon elastic scattering amplitude.