Exam questions on renormalisation
From IFPA wiki
- How is mass renormalised in the [math]\lambda\Phi^3[/math] theory? What happens if the theory is non-renormalisable? Give an explicit example.
- How can one calculate the imaginary part of a loop? Give one example.
- Calculate the one-loop correction to the photon propagator. What does it imply for the coupling constant.
- Consider the one-loop correction to the electron propagator. How many divergences does it contain? How can the theory be redefined to avoid these?
- What is the renormalisation group and how does one choose scales in an RG-improved calculation?