Position in the IFPA group
Former Ph.D. Student; currently Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY), in Hamburg.
The subject of my thesis work in 10 words: Studying the influence of axion-photon mixing on light polarisation.
Ph.D. thesis: "Large-scale alignments of quasar polarisations: a detailed study of the spinless-particle scenario".
Defended on May 3rd 2013.
Advisor: J.R. Cudell.
Main interests in physics
- Phenomenology of astroparticle physics;
- Theoretical astrophysics;
- General relativity and cosmology.
For the full list, see ORBi. See also inSPIRE, arXiv.
- Revisiting the SN1987A gamma-ray limit on ultralight axion-like particles, A. Payez (DESY), C. Evoli (Hamburg U.), T. Fischer (Wroclaw U.), M. Giannotti (Barry U.), A. Mirizzi (Hamburg U.), A. Ringwald (DESY), JCAP 1502 (2015) 006;
- New polarimetric constraints on axion-like particles, A. Payez, J.R. Cudell, D. Hutsemékers (Liège U.), JCAP 1207 (2012) 041;
- Can axion-like particles explain the alignments of the polarisations of light from quasars?, A. Payez, J.R. Cudell, D. Hutsemékers (Liège U.), Phys. Rev. D84 (2011) 085029.
- AGO seminar @ Liège U., Apr 28th 2015, Liège, Belgium;
- SFB Block Meeting, Mar 26th 2015, Hamburg, Germany;
- [Invited Visitor] IBS–MultiDark Joint Focus Program: WIMPs and Axions, Oct 20th 2014, Daejeon, Republic of Korea;
- DESY Theory Workshop, Sep 24th 2014, Hamburg, Germany;
- [Lecture] Hamburg–Oxford–Paris Workshop on Astroparticle Physics with Multiple Messengers (Ph.D. training programme), Sep 10th 2014, Hamburg, Germany;
- [Invited Talk] X-ray polarisation in astrophysics: a window about to open?, Aug 27th 2014, Stockholm, Sweden;
- XXVI Workshop Beyond the Standard Model, Mar 10th 2014, Bad Honnef, Germany;
- Seminar @ Hamburg U., Oct 28th 2013, Hamburg, Germany;
- 9th Patras Workshop on Axions, WIMPs and WISPs, Jun 28th 2013, Mainz, Germany;
- Internal IFPA Seminar, Mar 19th 2012, Liège, Belgium;
- 7th Patras Workshop on Axions, WIMPs and WISPs, Jun 30th 2011, Mykonos, Greece;
- Internal IFPA Seminar, Feb 22nd 2011, Liège, Belgium;
- AGO Ph.D. student day, Sep 23rd 2010, Liège, Belgium;
- [Invited Seminar @ OMP/LATT], May 12th 2010, Toulouse, France;
- PandA doctoral school day, May 7th 2010, Mons, Belgium;
- Internal IFPA Seminar, Feb 8th 2010, Liège, Belgium;
- [Invited Talk], Axions 2010 (Sikivie Fest), Jan 16th 2010, Gainesville (FL), USA;
- [Invited Talk], POLA Workshop, Oct 13th 2009, Brussels, Belgium;
- 5th Patras Workshop on Axions, WIMPs and WISPs, Jul 16th 2009, Durham, United Kingdom;
- Invisible Universe International Conference, Jul 2nd 2009, Paris, France;
- Journées Jeunes Chercheurs, Dec 4th 2008, Saint-Flour, France;
- Joint Meeting HLPW08, Mar 7th 2008, Spa, Belgium.
- 10th Patras Workshop on Axions, WIMPs and WISPs, Jul 3rd 2014, CERN, Switzerland;
- CERN European School of High-Energy Physics, Jun 8th-21st 2008, Herbeumont-sur-Semois, Belgium;
- Belgian Physical Society, general scientific meeting, May 21st 2008, Brussels, Belgium.
- German: Elementary proficiency.
Linux, C++, MPFR library, GSL library, Italian coffee.
Previous work in physics
Undergraduate thesis at the University of Liège (2007): "Axions et polarisation des quasars".
Advisors: J.R. Cudell and D. Hutsemékers.
Matériel de cours
Répétitions du cours de 3e bac physique, Mécanique Analytique II : MECA0202-2.
Last update 20th May 2015: my CV.
Personal ResearchGate page
Personal LinkedIn page